ANN ARBOR, MI, October 2, 2017 – Following the indexing of millions of scholarly articles in Google Scholar in 2015, ProQuest and Google are expanding their collaborationby indexing almost half a million full text dissertations from the ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global™database (PQDT), the leading source of emerging research from the world’s great universities.
Google Scholar users can now seamlessly discover and access this set of full text dissertations in their libraries’ subscription collections. The user experience is improved and libraries benefit from increased usage for their content investment.
“Dissertations are excellent sources for finding emerging research and new voices,” said Allan Lu, Vice President Research Tools, Services and Platforms. “ProQuest has curated this content over decades and we’re continually looking for ways to simplify its discovery and access.”
Linking and access to the dissertations from Google Scholar is automatic and requires no intervention by the library. An authenticated ProQuest® dissertations user searching Google Scholar will be recognized by the ProQuest platform and connect to the full text in their library’s collection. Users who are not recognized are sent to a landing page where they can purchase the dissertation or access the first 24 pages at no charge. Dissertations that have been published using the ProQuest Open Access publishing model are available to all users for free.
Excellent sources of original research on specific topics, dissertations are a crucial form of scholarly communication. They are vehicles for testing and presenting new ideas and trends and often contain data and results of lab experiments, fieldwork, surveys, and statistics that journal articles don’t include. Dissertations also provide valuable context for learning about faculty, institutions, and fellow scholars. For the researcher, the deep coverage and extensive bibliographies included in dissertations uncover sources and ideas that might otherwise be missed. On the ProQuest platform, PQDT provides fast and seamless access to 2 million full-text works and 4.5 million abstracts – all cross-referenced to scholarly content across the library’s online content environment.
About ProQuest (http://www.proquest.com)
ProQuest is committed to supporting the important work happening in the world’s research and learning communities. The company curates content that matters to the advancement of knowledge, assembling an archive of billions of vetted, indexed documents. It simplifies workflows so that people and institutions use time effectively. And because ProQuest connects information communities, complex networks of systems and processes work together efficiently. With ProQuest, finding answers and deriving insights is straightforward and leads to extraordinary outcomes.
ProQuest and its companies and affiliates – Ex Libris, Alexander Street, Bowker – stand for better research, better learning, better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
Key Documentaries Now Available from Alexander StreetHigh-quality educational documentaries from Docuseek2 are now available on the Alexander Street platform – including 1,800 titles covering science, humanities, history, political science, the arts and more.
Ebook Central Enhances Accessibility for ResearchersProQuest Ebook Central has significantly enhanced its accessibility support to make content, including scholarly ebooks, easier to read and navigate.
University of Southern Queensland Selects Ex Libris Alma, Primo, and LegantoEx Libris, a ProQuest company, is pleased to announce the University of Southern Queensland has chosen the Alma library services platform, Primo discovery and delivery solution, and Leganto course reading list solution.
Each month ProQuest updates this list of the top 25 Most-Accessed Dissertations and Theses across all subjects, based upon total PDF downloads.
Click here to view previous month's lists of most accessed dissertations and theses.
- The Impact of Texting and Social Media on Students' Academic Writing Skills
Risto, Angela, Tennessee State University, 2014, Ed.D.
Subject: Educational administration
- UNITED STATES SECURITY INTERESTS IN THE MEDITERRANEAN: SELECTED PROBLEMS
NEILSON, THOMAS LAVON, American University, 1969,
Subject: International law
- Perceptions of executives from seven selected companies of the use of social media in marketing practices
Alameddine, Abir, Pepperdine University, 2013, Ed.D.
- Consensus frayed: The Greek colonels, the Turkish embargo, and the crisis of Cold War containment
Friedman, Michael Jay, University of Pennsylvania, 2003, Ph.D.
Subject: American history
- Measuring corporate social responsibility through organizational values: A scale validation study
Toliver, Adria Denise, The University of Texas at Arlington, 2013, Ph.D.
Subject: Occupational psychology
- Mise-en-scene of desire: The films of Mizoguchi Kenji
Kinoshita, Chika, The University of Chicago, 2007, Ph.D.
Subject: Film studies
- Asatru in America: A new American religion
Calico, Jefferson Forrest, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, 2013, Ph.D.
Subject: Comparative religion
- Effect of a Business Ethics Course on the Moral Reasoning of Undergraduate Accounting Students
Fulmore, Anthony Lamont, Northcentral University, 2015, D.B.A.
- United States national security policy towards the North Atlantic Treaty Organization during the Kennedy and Johnson administrations, 1961-1969
McKnight, Michael Edward, Texas A&M University, 1997, Ph.D.
Subject: American history
- Boy builders and pink princesses: Gender, toys, and inequality over the twentieth century
Sweet, Elizabeth Valerie, University of California, Davis, 2013, Ph.D.
- Strategic human resource management at the crossroads: Relationships among human resource capital, overlapping tenure, behaviors, and performance
Harris, Christopher M., The University of Texas at Arlington, 2009, Ph.D.
- Teachers' beliefs regarding the implementation of constructivism in their classroom
Beck, Judy, The University of Toledo, 1997, Ph.D.
Subject: Curriculum development
- The impact of organizational culture, structure, and strategy on knowledge management effectiveness and organizational effectiveness
Zheng, Wei, University of Minnesota, 2005, Ph.D.
- Essays on information environment of international financial markets
Xie, Junqiang, City University of New York, 2013, Ph.D.
Social Media Addiction among Adolescents in Urban China: An Examination of Sociophysiological Traits, Uses and Gratifications, Academic Performance, and Social Capital
Huang, Hanyun, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong), 2011, Ph.D.
Subject: Mass communication
- Three essays on cross-listing
Wang, Liu, Old Dominion University, 2010, Ph.D.
- Empirical relationships among servant, transformational, and transactional leadership: Similarities, differences, and correlations with job satisfaction and organizational commitment
Washington, Rynetta R., Auburn University, 2007, Ph.D.
Revisiting fundamental concepts of transformational leadership theory: A closer look at follower developmental processes
Lippstreu, Michael, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2010, Ph.D.
Subject: Occupational psychology
- The effects of cross-listing of non-United States firms on the New York Stock Exchange
Oran, Adil, Texas Tech University, 1999, Ph.D.
- THIRTEEN ESSAYS FROM THE THREE YEARBOOKS "DAS MEISTERWERK IN DER MUSIK" BY HEINRICH SCHENKER: AN ANNOTATED TRANSLATION. (VOLUMES I-III)
KALIB, SYLVAN SOL, Northwestern University, 1973,
- Measurement of perceived organizational readiness for change and employees' attitudes toward change in the public sector
Cinite, Inta, Carleton University (Canada), 2006, Ph.D.
- Conceptualizing Empowerment in International Development Education
Hegeman-Davis, Raya G., University of Minnesota, 2013, Ph.D.
Subject: Education policy
- Exploring generational differences among Millennials, Gen Xers, and Baby Boomers: Work values, manager behavior expectations, and the impact of manager behaviors on work engagement
Murphy, Michelle Marie, Alliant International University, 2011, Ph.D.
Subject: Organizational behavior
- America's Germany, Germany's Europe: Konrad Adenauer, the CDU/CSU, and the politics of German Westbindung, 1949-1963
Granieri, Ronald Joseph, The University of Chicago, 1996, Ph.D.
Subject: European history
Island radicals: The emergence and consolidation of the Cypriot Left, 1920-1960
Panayiotou, Andreas, University of California, Santa Cruz, 1999, Ph.D.
Subject: Social structure
- Juror perceptions of juveniles transferred to criminal court: The role of generic prejudice and emotion in determinations of guilt
Beringer Jones, Megan, The University of Nebraska - Lincoln, 2011, Ph.D.
Subject: Behavioral sciences
- Learning to be engaged: Leader goal orientation, employee goal orientation and the mediating role of employee learning on employee engagement and performance
Pollock, Patrick W., St. Ambrose University, 2015, D.B.A.
Subject: Business administration
Leadership and management skills of preservice teachers
Koh, Shana E., The Claremont Graduate University, 2008, Ph.D.
Subject: Teacher education
- Reading mothers and daughters: A psychological, historical, and literary analysis
Gistrak, Jennifer Ellen, Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology, 2000, Psy.D.
Subject: Clinical psychology
- Reforming the criminal justice system: A pragmatic approach to building a sustainable system
Smith, Da'Mon J., University of Central Oklahoma, 2011, M.A.
Subject: Public administration
- The impact of cultural differences on Asian American college students' emotional wellness
To, Sandy, California State University, Long Beach, 2013, M.S.
Subject: Counseling Psychology
- Images, madness, and the gods: Plato's critique of poetry, use of literary tropes, and treatment of poetic inspiration as divine madness
Watkins, Dru, University of Houston-Clear Lake, 2014, M.A.
- The United States and the unification of Western Europe, 1956--1964
Manuel, Vivian, University of Wyoming, 1965, M.A.
Subject: Political science
- The emergence of the Cold War: Critical issues in Soviet-American relations 1917-1948
Hubis, Harold Jeffrey, San Jose State University, 1994, M.A.
Subject: American history
- Girls for a Change: Exploring the role of technological and visual literacies in a high school setting to create social change
Morales, AnaLuisa H., Prescott College, 2014, M.A.
Subject: Educational technology
- A study of customer satisfaction factors and employee satisfaction in the hospitality industry
Novikova, Ksenia, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, 2009, M.S.
- "Babbitt": Loss of human values
McNary, Leonora P., California State University, Dominguez Hills, 2003, M.A.
Subject: American literature
- Ethics and business decision-making
Jaunich, Gregory J., The College of St. Scholastica, 2012, M.B.A.
- The benefits of early comprehensive youth obesity prevention strategies outweigh the costs to consumers and reimbursers
Alver, Amalie, Boston University, 2016, M.S.
Subject: Public health
- Two Qualitative Case Studies Examining the Parent-Child Interaction in Home-Based Musical Play Experiences
Choi, Yoon Kyoung, Arizona State University, 2013, M.M.
- Gender discrimination in the workplace
Childs, Sheena, State University of New York Empire State College, 2012, M.A.
Subject: Women's studies
- Designing Infographics to support teaching complex science subject: A comparison between static and animated Infographics
Hassan, Hesham Galal, Iowa State University, 2016, M.F.A.
Numerical and experimental analysis of photovoltaic panel cooling
Subhan, Abdul, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (Saudi Arabia), 2012, M.S.
Subject: Mechanical engineering
- Relationship Between Job Satisfaction and Nurse to Patient Ratio with Nurse Burnout
Teeter, Kayla, Gardner-Webb University, 2014, M.S.N.
- Regulating cryptocurrency to prevent fraud and money laundering
Ngai, Kenneth, Utica College, 2014, M.S.
- Heritages: Mother/daughter relationships in three novels by Chinese American women
Guo, Yan, The University of Regina (Canada), 1995, M.A.
Subject: American literature
Prediction of Septic Shock in Patients with Hematologic Malignancies
Hu, Scott B., University of California, Los Angeles, 2013, M.S.
- Mother/daughter dyads: Female identity construction in three contemporary female Bildungsromane
Walters, Melanie L., Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, 2008, M.A.
Subject: American literature
- The effects of social media on national security within the United States
Lumpp, Taylor G., Utica College, 2014, M.S.
Subject: Web studies
- Weeding the garden: Transforming the Inner Critic and allowing our innate creativity to flourish
Crawford, Nan, California Institute of Integral Studies, 2001, M.A.
Subject: Developmental psychology
- Disney princess "2.0": A feminist critique of Disney's newest generation of princesses
Rome, Jennifer M., University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2013, M.A.
- The glint of gold: Press coverage of the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb
Arakaki, Jon S., University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 1999, M.A.
- Urinary biomarkers and association with recovery from severe AKI
Agarwal, Rahul, Yale University, 2013, M.D.
Business Intelligence: Evolution and Future Trends
Bataweel, Dalal Suliman, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, 2015, M.S.
Subject: Information technology
- Reading images: Visual and critical literacy strategies as methods of meaning construction
Comacchio, David John, University of Toronto (Canada), 2006, M.A.
Subject: Reading instruction
- Lien entre le sentiment d'auto-efficacite et l'epuisement professionnel chez des enseignantes et enseignants et inventaire des obstacles et facilitateurs a leur epanouissement professionnel
R. Doyon, Pascal, Universite du Quebec a Trois-Rivieres (Canada), 2013, M.A.
- Evolution of a president: John F. Kennedy and Berlin
Labinski, Nicholas, Marquette University, 2011, M.A.
One Belt One Road: China's Nation-Building Initiative
Zhang, Yizhi Jing Jing, The George Washington University, 2017, M.A.
Subject: International relations