To become a medical assistant, it’s important that you highlight these major areas in your cover letter: licenses and certifications, technical skills, analytical skills, and the ability to communicate effectively. Demonstrating these qualities in your medical assistant cover letter will show hiring managers that you are a well-rounded candidate. If you are not sure how to showcase these abilities, then check out our cover letter sample below to get some inspiration.
In a hurry? Our state of the art cover letter builder can help you write a convincing cover letter in minutes.
Build My Free Cover Letter Now >>
Table of Contents
- Medical Assistant Cover Letter Sample
- Medical Assistant Cover Letter Example (Text Format)
SEE ALSO > Cover Letter Templates
1. Medical Assistant Cover Letter Sample
Click the following image to view the following samples.
Click Here to Download Our
Medical Assistant CL Example
2. Medical Assistant Cover Letter (Text Format)
Ms. Cynthia Adams
Living Well Health Centre
418 Livewell Street
Palo Alto, California, 94301
Dear Ms. Cynthia Adams,
I am writing to apply for the part-time Medical Assistant position at Living Well Health Centre, as advertised on medicaljobsusa.com. I am a certified AAMA Medical Assistant, with 5+ years of professional experience in patient liason, record management, reception and general office administration. I have worked at a range of medical facilities, from private physician office settings to large, state run hospitals. In my recent position as the Medical and Services Assistant at the John Miller Smith Hospital in Denver, I was trained in administering injections, recording EKG’s, patient scheduling, medical coding (ICD9/10 and CPT) and phlebotomy/blood draws.
I am certified in Basic Life Support (BLS)/ CPR with adult, child and infants, and am highly skilled in using the MS Office Suite and Electronic Health Records (EHR) software. Specific highlights of my career include:
- Enhancing patient relations and reducing critical wait times
- Developing cost-effective administrative procedures
- Training staff members in patient interaction and communication
I have a Bachelor of Health Sciences from America State University, with a major in Biology and minor in administration. I am confident that my extensive medical and administrative skills would be of benefit to this position and to the Living Well Health Centre. I have attached a copy of my resume with this email. If you need any further information, please call me at (102) 515-0987.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Does your cover letter contain any ‘red flags’ that could jeopardize your chances of getting to the next round? Read our article, How to Handle 8 of the Biggest Cover Letter Red Flags, to make sure if you do have any, you attend to them in just the right way.
The medical assistant cover letter sample will help you in drafting a letter that has to be enclosed along with your resume. This cover letter will give the employer a brief idea about who you are and how eligible are you to apply for the particular job position. A medical assistant works as an immediate associate to the doctor and has to perform many critical tasks. And hence, an applying candidate must make sure to consider several important aspects while writing their cover letter.
Considering that you have already taken a look at the Medical Assistant Resume Sample here, we will not be talking much about the medical assistant objectives, job description, and skills in details here. However, we will just take an overview of what all things can you mention in your letter.
Points to Consider While Writing Your Medical Assistant Cover Letter
- Start your cover letter with a simple and straight subject line. Educate the employer your reason for that mail. Keep it short and simple. In this case it would be, “Job Application for the Medical Assistant Job Position”.
- Followed to your subject line, mention how you got to know about this job requirement, and also inform the reader about your attached resume with detailed information.
- In the next paragraph, you got to impress the recruiter by educating him/her of your skills and proficiencies. However, ensure that you do not mention all of them in the letter itself and just mention the ones that are closely related with the employer’s job description.
- In another paragraph, tell the employer about your current employment status if any. If you are employer also mention the duties you perform there and how they can help you in the future.
- Do not forget to conclude your letter by thanking the employer for the time and consideration.
Hope the above points help you in drafting a good and captivating cover letter.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT COVER LETTER
MARY S. CHEEK
2254, Asylum Avenue,
Derby, CT 06418
August 11, 2014
Mr. Kevin Brooks
Life Health Center,
Dear Mr. Brooks,
Re: Application for Medical Assistant Job Position
I am willing to apply for the Medical Assistant job position in Life Health Center as advertised by you in the Derby Times dated August 11, 2014. I have attached my resume addressing the position requirements.
I am a certified medical assistant with five years of professional experience and with proficiencies in handling patients, clinical tasks, medical record management, administrative skills and laboratory proceedings.
Currently I am working with ABC Family Health Center, Derby, CT and my job duties here include assisting physicians with diagnosis procedures, generating and maintaining patient medical records, patient admissions, and more.
Hope the detailed information in my resume matches your requirements. Looking for an opportunity for a personal interview where we can discuss more about my eligibility for the applied job position.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Mary S. Cheek.
Hope this Medical Assistant Cover Letter sample guide you on how to draft an effective letter for yourself.
You might also be interested in:
Medical Assistant Resume Sample
Medical Assistant Resume Template