As per the official notification of the SBI PO 2017 exam the two important topics of the Descriptive Section are as following -
1. Essay Writing
2. Letter Writing
Find below a sample essay on the topic "future of the banking industry", based on the format that you need to follow while writing the essay for your SBI PO mains descriptive exam 2017.
SAMPLE ESSAY: Future of Banking Industry (250 words)
The banking sector has witnessed an unprecedented growth along with outstanding improvement in its quality of assets and efficiency. Banks have gradually transformed themselves and have gone worldwide. ATMs, Internet banking, mobile banking and social banking have made "anytime anywhere banking" the benchmark now.
What is shaping the future of banking industry is the increasing use of mobile wallets. With the advent of technology and increasing use of smartphones and tablet based devices, the use of mobile banking functionality would enable customers to connect across the entire world faster than before. The attempt of the banks to go digital has been to reduce the cost of operations. ATMS, which have been offering a wide range of services, reduces the cost. Internet operations reduce it further.
Many Banks have been offering banking services through social networking sites like the twitter and Facebook and have launched Pockets, a digital bank with a mobile interface. It is a wallet, a virtual place to store money. It can be used to book tickets, pay bills, check bank accounts, open FD, credit cards and make fund transfers, view credit card statements, transfer money to linked accounts.
The future of retail banking will be dominated by mobile computing and technology. Banks offer online banking and mobile apps that can do most banking functions. Digital currencies and payment networks like Bitcoin may prove to be the true future of mobile banking as the underlying technology gains mass acceptance.
How We Made This Essay
- Every essay requires a very brief and a good introduction which explains the background of the topic and what the topic talks about. Like, in this essay we have given a brief introduction about “how the banking sector has progressed and improved so far.
- Continuing with the introduction comes the main body of the essay. While writing the body of the essay you have to be descriptive and write all your points, arguments, views in a proper manner. For example the body of this essay talks about the future of banking industry and the steps taken by banks to go digital.
- Every essay requires a concluding paragraph which is called the conclusion and is as important, as the rest of the essay. In the concluding paragraph you need to conclude all the points you have written in the body by presenting a brief analysis. For instance, in this essay we conclude by stating that ‘future of retail banking will be dominated by mobile computing and technology.’
Things to Remember
- It is important that you stick to the word limit. Usually you are supposed to write the essay within a limit of 350-400 words. It is important that you neither write less, nor exceed the word limit. You are also marked in the exam for being precise.
- You must ensure that your content does not seem repetitive. Repetition of words/sentences or content as a whole invites cutting of marks. Try and use synonyms in case you see that a word is getting repeated a number of times in the essay.
- Your essay must have a flow of argument. This means that introduction of your essay should effortlessly lead to the body, which should lead to the conclusion. Disjointed arguments or breaks arise when you are trying to say too many things in a hap-hazard way.
- It is a good idea to ensure that the conclusion of your essay satisfies the question asked through the topic of the essay. This implies that if in case the topic of your essay states a problem (for instance, "increasing rate of poverty in India"), then the conclusion of your essay must give at least one solution or reason that has been determined through the body of the essay. However, in case the topic of your essay demands an opinion (for instance, "Role of newspapers in influencing society or youth"), then the conclusion of your essay should clearly state what your opinion is on the matter.
All the aspirants completed their preliminary exam phase for SBI PO, now looking for the preparation of mains exam. In SBI PO mains exam most important 50 marks will be given to English Descriptive paper which include Essay and Letter
Writing.The main purpose behind this Descriptive test is to check your writing, thinking and analytical ability.The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks.
In the 1st part of this article we will discuss Essay only and in 2nd part, we will discuss Letter Writing.
Essay WritingEssay writing is an interesting intellectual exercise in which the writer must craft thoughtful arguments on topics within the confines of a prescribed and often restrictive word count.Following are some important points which will help you to write Essay.
Selection Of TopicBecause the exam is for selection of Bank PO essay topics will be related to bank, economic field only ( sometimes on the social issue).In the exam, you will find 3 topics out of which you need to select one only. Select that topic on which you have the most knowledge. Do not go for such topic of which you don't have much idea.
Introduction‘First impression is last impression’ according to this introduction of Essay should be attractive, creative one.You can use phrases, quotes related to the subject then it will work.You may start introduction by asking few questions for the reader. The introduction should be ‘Short but sweet’.It will only give an introduction of the central theme of Essay.
Think DifferentlyBe creative is the soul of essay writing.Paper checker checking multiple essays and if you are writing similar stuff in a similar way then you will not get any benefit.So think differently and present creatively so it will grab the eyes of paper checker and he will give you extra marks than other candidates.
Make List of All KeywordsAfter selection of topic try to collect all keywords related to that topic. Make a list of it in a well-sequenced manner.Try to elaborate each keyword with supporting sentences.Use neutral, polite language to elaborate.
Use Of Facts, DataCollect facts, data related to the topic from various government reports, UN reports, NGO survey. Use it in a proper way which will give add-on effect to your Essay.
Use Of ParagraphMake paragraph of each keyword which will support the central theme of Essay.Each keyword should be ranked according to its importance from least importance to highest importance.The tone of each paragraph should be informative.Sentences should be crisp and clear.
ConclusionEssay never have one-sided, biased conclusion.The conclusion always is balanced one.Your conclusion should be sum up the complete article linking it to the title.Do not end the Essay abruptly without writing proper ending statement.
Must also read for Descriptive Paper
Follow Descriptive Paper Guide here
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here