Logistics Manager Cover Letter
A logistics management cover letter is a synopsis of your notable experiences at the previous work-place, which could not find its place in the resume. In literary sense, letter brings you closer to the person you are referring to, gives him an idea about you as a person in a significant way. Your cover letter is brief reflection of your own. So in order, to develop an interest about you in your employer try to present a letter that makes first impression.
Logistics Management involves administration of supply chain functions, incoming and outgoing transportation management, maintaining the inventory, control and executes supply and demand strategy. Apart from these duties, there are some more which include coordination of other activities like efficient customer service, sourcing, procurement, production planning and scheduling packaging and assembly. In a nutshell, logistic manager will cover and integrate all functions with a responsible approach.
How to write a Logistic Management Cover Letter
Some guidelines to keep in mind before your start writing a Logistics Management cover letter:
- Be specific about the source of your information about the opening in the concerned organization.
- Do write some of your experiences, which helped you in getting recognition of your achievements and goals.
- Always keep your cover letter context specific.
- Use sensible but strong words with an optimistic meaning to attract the employer; after all you are competing for the post.
- Finally, do provide your contacts correct and complete about where you could be reached.
Paul S. Davis
4172 Chardonnay Drive
Everett, WA 98201
Email-id - firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: April 15, 2009
William C. Brown
Manager, Aavalar Consulting
613 Lake Road
Camden, NJ 08104
Phone: 609- 353-3392
Email-id - William.email@example.com
Dear Mr. William,
I came across your advertisement for the requirement of a Logistics manager in your organization from the local daily "New York Times" dated14/4/09. I am equally interested to apply for this position to help me to get through my career on a positive note.
I have worked for about three years in a back in a nearby suburb. Here, my responsibilities and duties involved planning the details of the day to day activities of my staff like looking into the incoming of goods, checking their condition from security point of view , executing orders to move the goods safely to the destined location . Coordination of all other side function like marketing, sales, manufacturing, finance and information technology as well assets management. My education includes a Master and Bachelors degree in Business Administration from California University. Apart from this, my personal skills include proficient time management, effective coordination and planning
I assure you of my best services if given a chance to prove myself in the interest of your organization. I will strive to the best of my ability and utilize all my skills to reflect a positive image of the company. Hope you will go through my resume attached herewith for your perusal and help me to get this coveted position to realize my dream to be a part of your organization. My contacts are provided above where you can reach me anytime.
Waiting eagerly for an affirmative reply from your side.
- Certificate of Appreciation
You can use this logistics manager cover letter as a template to suit your purpose and jot down a suitable cover letter in your favor. I am sure it will help you to get to the winning edge to get you the job you most desire.
This cover letter is that of an operations manager with six years of experience. The first paragraph of the cover letter makes a good point of tailoring the message in function of the needs of the employer, as opposed to what the applicant is looking for. Although this notion keeps being emphasized, we still see job seekers making the same mistake too often. In the second paragraph of the cover letter, the applicant discussed his qualifications in more detail, including his role at his current employer, overseeing all logistics associated with imports and freight delivery. The second sentence of that paragraph states that his work has resulted in an efficient and streamlined operation. Following are four bullets shedding more light into the applicant's credentials, including the fact that he has strong managerial and oversight skills, a comprehensive operations background, is a keen negotiator and has received recognition for being the only facility in the nation to be claim free for over three years. The applicant ended the cover letter by reiterating his interest in the position.
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
January 2, 20XX
Mr. Bailey Addison
456 Oak Street
Miami, FL 33183
Dear Mr. Addison,
As an operations manager with over six years of experience, I am writing to express my interest in significantly improving the operational efficiency of ACME Enterprises. Having assumed increased levels of responsibility through the practical application of a strong set of analytical, creative, and critical thinking skills, I believe I would make a highly valuable addition to your team.
Currently, as the Operations Manager of ABC Inc., I oversee all logistics associated with imports and freight delivery. My work has resulted in an efficient and streamlined operation. The following are some of the competencies I offer:
- Strong managerial and oversight skills. I expertly direct a team of 40 unionized employees, ten office staff, and temporary/ seasonal labor. Due to the varying set of skills of the staff and level of professional expertise, I work with each group to promote their strengths and provide opportunities to learn and grow.
- With a comprehensive operations background I have revised shift schedules and directed the loading and unloading of shipments, successfully instituting operations that are effective, efficient, and streamlined.
- As a keen negotiator, I work with third-party providers to ensure timely service delivery at competitive costs.
- I received recognition as the nation's only facility to be claim free for more than three years. I attribute this to my ongoing management of safe business practices in compliance with OSHA guidelines.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my credentials with you personally. Please feel free to contact me at the number referenced above to schedule a mutually convenient time to meet.
Thank you for your kind consideration of my candidacy.